I first found the image I wanted to use.
Then I traced free hand the outline.
I then selectively cut out the parts i wanted the black to fill when it was sprayed.
I chose to do an Alice in wonderland themed art piece for the Tim Burton film. It it supposed to be more of a marketing artwork for the darker version of alice in wonderland created for the now older fans of the original fairy tale. This piece is done in a street art way to appeal to the teenage audience who would be interested in things like graffiti. It appeals to this audience because they would have grown up watching the original child fairy tale, Alice in Wonderland and now would be interested in the new darker take on Tim Burtons version. The whole idea of the piece was inspired by Bansky's token black and white stencil and text written in red. The colour red of the text represents danger, which would arouse curiosity on the piece! The font is plainly handwritten and "signed" by the director Tim Burton, so onlookers can research the text and signature in order to find out more on the film.
On the down side Im not very happy that the wind was strong, so the text looks hazy. But I guess this could work in my favour to create more of vivid exterior for the film.




No comments:
Post a Comment